Schedule Your Estate Planning Consultation OR "Don't Go Broke" Strategy Session 404-419-7155

315 W. Ponce de Leon, #600
Decatur, GA 30030, USA


Alzheimer’s Care Planning

elderly lawyer elderly couple photo[Elderly Law]

Alzheimer’s care planning & management addresses critical needs for seniors with memory loss in the American health care system.

People who are experiencing the increased necessity to rely on others for day-to-day tasks, financial affairs and coordination of health care services due to memory loss have specific legal and health care needs, not usually addressed with general powers of attorney and wills or general practitioners as physicians.

The Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm provides free educational tools to assist families cope and manage the care of a person with Alzheimer’s.

Additionally, Victoria Collier, CELA, knows that most of your concerns are not “legal” in nature, but have to do with health care concerns. That is why she employs a full-time Geriatric Care Manager to assist clients in solving problems by using social work and nursing tools, including client assessments, care planning, referrals to other resources, government benefits coordination and continuous monitoring.

Melanie Richardson, LMSW, is an employee with The Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm, who is available to provide geriatric care management to all of the Firm’s Estate Planning, Veterans Benefits Planning, Medicaid Planning, and Special Needs Planning clients.  It is great to have her in-house and able to assist all clients!

It is the Firm’s goal that our geriatric care management services will relieve our clients who are caring for a person with Alzheimer’s Disease from the emotional stress of being caregivers by saving them time and money by being able to prevent crises.

Patient’s Rights Advocates

When people live in assisted living facilities and nursing homes they have certain rights. At times these rights may be violated by the facility where they live. If so, the resident may file a formal complaint against the facility. The first place to begin a complaint is with the local Ombudsman.

The facility should have a notice posted in a convenient location that states who the Ombudsman is and what the phone number is in order to make a complaint. If a resident’s complaint is not satisfied, a hearing may be requested. An administrative law judge will hold a hearing where evidence of the complaint will be presented. The judge will then determine if the complaint is justified and what action is necessary to rectify the complaint.

A person may appeal the judge’s decision.