Tax Planning Through the Use of Trusts
Pod Cast Date: February 13, 2019 (https://businessradiox.com/podcast/seniorsalute/tax-planning/)
Episode Title: Tax Planning Through the Use of Trusts
Key Take Aways You Can Learn From This Episode:
- Why not a lot of people with taxable estates anymore?
- Why do you need tax planning if estate taxes will affect so few?
- How can an Irrevocable Trust
- protect your home from governmental agencies?
- retain your personal residence tax incentives?
- allow step-up basis opportunity at time of death?
- How can an IRA Beneficiary Trust
- ensure beneficiaries remain as intended after death?
- limit depletion of IRA balance to pay the income tax exposure?
- allow balance to compound interest during the life of the beneficiary?
- How can a Revocable Trust allow married people who have low basis investments that have greatly appreciated have a double step-up in basis?